Jerseyman Triathlon


Jerseyman Triathlon

Ah Jerseyman, this race may sound small, but it brings the athletes out of the woodworks. There were 3 neopros at this race and many elite age group athletes all after one thing, money. The awards go five deep.

I went into the race hoping to just do my best and see how my fitness was for upcoming 70.3 Mont Tremblant.

Swim Exit (The racer behind me will be in this whole blog) 

Swim: 
The swim is a slow swim, or at least I felt it was. I am never quite certain if they got this swim right in distance but I did not feel I was in swim shape at this point of the year. Anyway, I came out of the water with high hopes of a good bike. The guy behind me in the picture happened to be racing with me the whole race. The run is where it got interesting. 
Coming in on the bike 
Bike: 
This is where I really wanted to rip it up. I was aiming to hit 290watts for the bike. I ended up with an NP of 277, which isn't bad for this early season race. This is a decent bike course. I like how there are some decent climbs. I raced most of the race with the guy that came out of the swim with me. 

Run: This is where the race got interesting. I was going back and forth with during the race with the guy I came out of the water with. I knew I was a strong runner and decided to see what I could do to possibly drop him. I went out hard and was leading him for a little over 4 miles. Then, at that point he picked it up to a sub 5:40 mile pace, I couldn't keep the pace. He ended up taking 5th by 27 seconds. This meant I was out of the money. Spoke with the guy though after the race, a nice guy. 

Overall: I took 6th overall, which in this field was great. This race is hard, but it's nice to get good competition. Looking forward to see what I can do at 70.3 Mont Tremblant. 

Comments

Popular Posts