Jerseyman 2018.

This race I planned to do well in and try to improve from last years times. However, It was not really my day, and not to mention, the humidity! I've been off an on with an injury that has been hindering my training. But anyhoot, here is a breakdown of the race.

Swim
This was one of my best drops in the race from last year! I dropped about 2 minutes, coming in with a time of 20:55! This was a good drop in time for me.

Bike
The bike, I did not have the same performance as I did a year ago, in fact I was two minutes longer than the year before. I did take it very conservative on turns and such due to some rough roads and raining conditions. I still pulled off a decent bike split considering with an average mph of 20.9. Considering everyone was a bit slower from the previous year, I was happy.


Run
This is where things got messy. I have been feeling a pain in my achilles for a bit of time. I was hoping it would have went away by this race, however it didn't. This run, I was in survival mode. I ran a pace of 6:18 per mile for the 5.8 miles. One of my less impressive runs, considering what I am capable of when healthy.



Overall
I came in 7th place overall, which is my worst performance at this race to date.  I seem to be losing a place every year! haha However, this is a great race, that brings even better competition. I would highly recommend Jerseyman to anyone. It is fast paced and just a great race. Shout out to the race director for putting on a great one!

Comments

Popular Posts